Sunday, January 9, 2011

A POLITICALLY CORRECT MOMENT OF SILENCE

About 10 years ago our Nation took a direct attack on our homeland. In the days that followed that horrible day, we were advised by our President to, “return to normal” as quickly as possible. I remember the shock that I felt when we were told to “take a vacation to Disneyland”. I believed then and continue more so still today to believe that was the worst advice we could have been given.

Yesterday, as I watched the news unfold about the terrible assassination attempt upon U.S. Congresswoman Gabriel Giffords, which left 6 people dead and more than a dozen injured, I was once again shocked, saddened, and even angered by the response of the leaders of our Nation.

Perhaps the worst of all sadness came as I watched one of the most prominent political figures in America stand before the cameras and microphones, and with much drama and posturing, suggest that we all have a “moment of silence”. Moment of Silence???!!!!!??? A MOMENT OF SILENCE!!!! OF POLITICALLY CORRECT MOMENT OF SILENCE!!!!!!!!

I felt outraged. I felt pure contempt for the gutless admonition to “be silent”. If this politician had any courage at all, she would have led us in a loud and desperate prayer to the only God that can save our Nation… to the God of the Christian faith… and to him alone. Not Mohamed… Not Buddha… Not Krishna… But to the Creator God of us all… to the God that the Declaration of Independence declares has bestowed upon us unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

This “moment of silence” was not prompted out of respect for the dead and wounded. It was prompted out of political fear and expediency. Some of you will say that I should not judge the motive of this person’s heart. Perhaps… But, I would point out that they did not suggest that we bow our heads and our heart for a moment of silent prayer… But rather, that we pause for a generic, anemic, impotent moment of silence. In order to not offend the Christ-less constituency… the Muslim, the Atheist, the Humanist demographic that has returned her to Washington time after time… We were asked to participate in a moment of politically correct silence.

Our Nation has entered a new era. Without a serious and sincere return to the Christian Scriptures and the God that inspired and led our Founders to establish a new Nation built upon the Biblical principals of Freedom and Personal Responsibility, we have no hope. But, I am encouraged this day, as I witnessed Christians praying… as I heard their tearful cries… as I watched aged Veterans, with tears in their eyes, pray for a spiritual revival for America… I have hope this day that there may be a way out. Join with other Christians and Pray. Don’t quit. Don’t give up. Pray.

I have this morning, and will again, pleaded with those Christians, whom I am so blessed to have the undeserved opportunity to lead, to pray… not silently, not timidly, but boldly and unafraid… Go to the God of Heaven… Go to our Lord and Savior, Jesus… and, in prayer call out, and call out loudly for him to Save our Land. Please… please… be silent no more… Pray as if our Nation, and your Safety, and your Freedom depends upon it… For it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment