Monday, September 13, 2010

PULPIT SWAP

I don’t have the resources to do this… but I would love to be able to. I wish I had about 5 acres of vacant land right across the street from my church. I would then offer to lease the land for $1 per month to any group of Muslims that wanted to build a mosque on it.

The lease would be available with the following conditions. If it at any time it was determined that the leadership of the Mosque was involved directly or indirectly with the support or advancement of Jihadism the lease would be immediately revoked. Secondly, if it was determined that the leadership of the Mosque was involved directly or indirectly with the support or advancement of Sharia law in America the lease would likewise be immediately revoked. If I could find a group of Muslims willing to agree to my terms, I would not only make the above offer, but would pray that they would take it.

Why? Because I believe nothing would help advance my cause more than to give people a clear and obvious choice. I would be completely unafraid to put the life saving Gospel of Jesus right next to the message of Islam. I firmly believe I would win that contest if given a fair and equal opportunity.

This might come as a shock to some (but if you are a fan of the Unrepentant Antagonist, what else have you come to expect??)… But, I would jump at the chance to do a pulpit swap with a Muslim Imam. I have a complete confidence in the ability of my congregation to not falter if given an opportunity to hear an Imam make his best appeal on behalf of Islam. I likewise have an even greater confidence in the power of the Lord to prevail, if I were given an open and unfettered opportunity to make a clear presentation of the Gospel in a Mosque…

1 comment:

  1. That is a thought-provoking post! I feel my faith encouraged! Thanks Brother Richey!

    ReplyDelete